- you can beat it!
About the book
One in 14 children between the ages of three and six is affected with encopresis. This book will tell you how to help your child overcome it. If any of these statements sound familiar, this is exactly the book for you:
– “My child asks for a diaper every time she needs to poop.”
– “My child never poops in the toilet; only in his pants.”
– “My child has to release some feces in her pants before going to the toilet.”
– “My child withholds his poop for days, to the point where he can’t eat or move.”
– “I am exhausted by trying solutions that don’t work: offering rewards, giving stool softeners, providing reminders to use the toilet … I end up comparing my child to others and being furious.”
Dr. Kushnir’s intervention model is based on his experience diagnosing and treating thousands of children.
He will help you beat encopresis by first pinpointing three different poop issues:
Toilet anxiety: Children who can only poop in a diaper or their pants.
Soiling: Children who can use the toilet for defecation but also release feces into their pants.
Soiling and prolonged constipation: Children who refrain from having a bowel movement for many days or even weeks.
Once you identify your relevant group, you will learn a unique, practical, step-by-step process for solving poo problems and freeing your child.
About the author
Take a look inside...
Dr. Kushnir walks you through the preparations for starting the program, and offers essential do’s and don’ts along the way.
He provides answers to the questions many parents struggle with:
How does toilet anxiety develop?
Do you need a preliminary cleanout, and what is the best way to do that? How can you evaluate the progress of the program? and more…